R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How about an Associated RC10-T44?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 AM
scoob
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eds24
Craps I am totally with you on all this. I have looked at just about every eletric R/C car on the market today. A 4wd stadium truck would blow everything away. With them you have the stability and easy driving of a truck yet you have the 4wd of a buggy and you get rid of the weak point of a buggy the ground clearance. This is why I have decided to build my own like others. Craps it is true you can get a 4wd truck for about the same price as a buggy. I was thinking about building and selling 4wd drive trucks. I could put one together that uses pretty much all production parts (except chassis) for about $300.It would be similar to a T44 because most of the parts would be from Associated.Though the problem is. Like others say there is no class for them yet and I am not sure most people would spend $300 on a roller to bash with. Though I would love to make these for people. I do realize you are talking about Mass production though. I think if a company where to take notice and see that alot of people want a 4wd truck then over time it would become a popular class. I don't see why 4wd aren't very popular. Though the class is becoming more popular and hopefully this will bring 4wd trucks into the market. I think they are the perfect vehicle and have tons of potential.I too race on a track ment for 1/8th and monsters. That takes out a 4wd or 2wd buggy. It is also a very loose track which is hard to control 2wd on. 1/8th scale conversions are becomeing more and more popular why not a 4wd truck?
Exactly. You sound like you race on the same type tracks we do here. It makes perfect sense to us.