R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Midwest Series
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Mark Unger
Tech Regular

A big congratulations and thank you to the Racine Club and everyone that helped setup, tear down, and help run this weekends event. It ran flawlessly, had an exciting layout, good traction, and great tire wear which proofed for some exciting racing. Congrats to all the winners who really had to earn those wins. They were all pressured by the rest of the competition. For those who didn’t make it to this race, you missed the best event I’ve seen in Racine since I’ve been in the MWS. Although the turnout was low the racers that did attend had a great time.

Thoughts:
Was there anyone that didn’t WACK the right hand turn at the end of the front straightaway at least once this weekend? Or was it just me (about 6 times)?

There were 15 1/8th scales this weekend? 10 of them were Masters. Are we really getting that old?

One of these old men almost won the A-Main. One came in third and they dominated the B-Main. So Brian beat who? Everyone that was at least twice his age? Even his pitman came from the Masters Class who wasn’t fast enough to make the A. It was really fun watching Eli and Brian go at it. They really put on a great show.

The Outlaw Class is ALL old men. Maybe we should rename it. Any suggestions?
Mark

Remember to support the MWS sponsors that support the MWS.
Novarossi
Fusion Motor Sports
Max Power
JR Racing
Kyosho
Molzer Mowery Racing
Tornado Fuel
Team Associated
Brooklyan Hobbies
Futaba
Parma/PSE
Faskolor