R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How about an Associated RC10-T44?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 12:52 PM
AzBobby
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
I don't think the sanctioning organizations are really a problem. R/C racing is still basically a bunch of 'outlaw' groups that cater to what is popular in their area. If it was anything else we would have some sort of meaningful championship and the ROAR Nats might actually signify something. Then this sport might actually start to get some recognition. Oh here I go again.
Anyway if there was a demand it would become available. Heck I've seen an Academy conversion on this forum already. And I know I could do a conversion for my BJ4.
Besides you have the 1/8 electric conversions that are getting popular. What is the IFMAR formula for that? The sanctioning organizations do not develop racing , they 'organize' it.
and i totally agree with you. as T Thomas said ifmar doesnt recognize 1/10 truck and i didnt mean to include that part as to the 1/10 trucks. my fault. as for the 1/8 conversions and the academy one which i also saw, very well done too. but these are private individuals doing the conversions. what i am refering too is that a manufacturer would spend the design time, development,tooling and the whole manufacturer process for a car or truck to be built that is yet to be recognized by the racing organizations. however a point could be made that if you build it they will change their views, like brushless and maybe soon lipo.