R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Go Tech Engines
Thread: Go Tech Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 PM
MassiveMods
Tech Master

That sounds ok but what oil content is in your fuel ? the temps your running at are fine , in fact i wouldnt worry about the temps at all .. the engines run happily at between 120 and 160 deg c thats between 250 and 330 F.. ive run my 5 port at 169 deg c and it was starting to sag on power .. ive found mine likes to sit between 140 and 145 Deg C which is about 290 F ...

there are common myths about what temp ranges you "Should " run at but in reality there is no " correct " temp ... By all means if you are new then use one to gauge where its at as a matter of curiosity but dont let it rule your tuning ..

I have a rule with my race team here " temp guns are not allowed onto the track or pit area " we had a driver with a great mechanic but he was always temping the motor ... it was driving me insane ! he wa seven temping the tires lol and he never got a tune he was happy with ... he had it in his head that it had to be a certain temp and wouldnt listen ... it can become an addiction .. beware the temp guns dont get you !