R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ep4200 vs. intellect ib 4200wc
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 02:45 AM
razzor
Tech Elite

Dont disagree jack but it would definately help at club level.
Guys are coming into the hobby/sport and getting turned of as there is so much work to get up to pace and keep the pace.They not only competing on the track but with there wallets too.
Brushless and lipo brings us a bit closer to being more affordable in the long run and closer racing.
The top boys will still be top boys but have to work a bit harder to say competitive as there will be new talent coming through due to the reliability and consistancy of new technologies.
Im not a top racer but more so a average club racer and enjoy the sport especially when there is always good close racing.

Sorry for hijacking

On topic though about 6 - 8 months ago when i was shopping around for batteries and doing my homework on EP batts there was a lot of negative feedback as it wasnt up to the voltage levels of the IB cells.The price was also cheaper by a fair amount and lately as they are getting more popular due to there robustness if i can call it that the prices have gone up to equal the IB's from most matchers.
Lots of teh local guys were initially sceptical and prepared to try them out as tehy were that bit more affordable know they swear by them but are complaining about price.
How do you win ???
Guys should just check out and do there homework and decide what they want to use.
I will be using EP's in future.