R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Heya, Mini gurus..

I've been using a normally-built ball diff on outdoor tracks, and it's been pretty good except when I want to accelerate, sometimes one tire can slip.. It has some tension unlike a gear diff, so it does move forward, but I want it to go no matter what..

I stiffened the diff up with extra cone washers, to the point it won't slip at all but I can still turn it, but the turning radius is totally wider, and it understeers like crazy..

I guess the only way people do it is letting the rear slide to follow the front where it wants to turn, and it snaps back into place when they hit the throttle..

Does anyone have a decent setup that works on asphalt like this, or should I be getting a front one-way for this like some have?

Head over to RC-MINI and steal their setups. They are all based on asphalt outdoor tracks - and most guys run this set up with a variation on the theme if needed

The rear tires they suggest may be a bit tough to source as they are out of production now - but 60D's on the rear will probably be sufficient to give you an idea of how it will go.