R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yesterday I took some time and hit the track- cleaned it a bit and took care of a couple other issues, as took a few laps. My good friend Alfonso, one of the best TC drivers in town, has been testing with a Tamiya 103GT 1/10th direct drive pan car/ touring car/ F1? He finnaly got it set up, and ran Gas TC tires front and rear, w/ Lipo and Novak 3.5R motor...wow...it was fast and show crisp handling. I sparred with him and my TC was faster on the straits, and comming out of corners...the Tamiya 103GT had at least the same amount of corner speed, but was better turning in and scooting thru corners...the TC was faster and better over all, as per the bottom line results, but I'm very impressed at what that $130 car did. Tire wear was amazingly low, for the high speeds and run times- 10 minutes straight per pack. Its very tough, and very easy to work on. Its got lots of hop-ups and plenty of parts available, and they are sooooooo cheap! Hopefully my pan car can work like that 103GT and even better...awaiting some new tires and then back to the track.