R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM
lockmouth
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

3. Once upgraded very strong will hardly break anything (Though you need to dump about $250+ to get there)
All you really need for the Matrix TR FRE is the cnc knuckles, the cnc bell crank, and give some attention to the front turnbuckles. I got all the upgrade when I first got my truck an I sold all of them except the cnc knuckles and the cnc bell crank. I modded my front turnbuckles to except lunsford 5mm turnbuckles, but Gene has a easy fix with his cnc 8mm turnbuckles

5. Steers pretty well once upgraded (19 degree hub carriers and CNC steering knuckles don't come with the FRE kit )

This is something I just don't understand. I have seen a couple guys say this, but my Matrix TR has crazy steering, really to much I run the stock plastic hubs with the front sway bar an I still can out turn anything I've seen Andrew and Gene race against some of the best an steering is not a area where the Matrix TR is lacking.

The Matrix TR is a awesome truck hands down. It is winning an that is want matters. All of the truggies on the market has there ups and downs... is the Matrix TR the best out the box?? I'm a CEN Team member an I say no , but when you factor in that it is one of the cheapest to get ( $300 - $350 on ebay) an you can add the need parts an still be way under what the others cost, the CEN Matrix TR can't be touched. I've had my truck since they first where released an all I ever have to replace is a a-arm every once in a while. The truck in my eye is as good as anything else.