R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - so much for "not equivalent" voltages between nimh/lipo
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Phroz
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For club racing we need to lighten up a little. Allow Lipo and brushless in to the lower classes. I personally run Lipo and a C027 stock motor and its great. I can actually keep up with the IB4200 guys now and i didn't need to replace my charger, buy a discharger and buy an equalizer.

Club racing is about getting the numbers and having fun. For me Lipo saved my hobby because i was about ready to give up on 1:10th touring cars until i purchased a Lipo.. now i own 3 and they are great. I can charge em days before.. i don't have to cart a heap of electronics to the track and the run times are great. I do however treat them with great respect and have done small mods to my chassis to protect them with this respect in mind.

Clubs are dwindling and EP 1:10 is really suffering. I'm not so naive as to say Lipo is the Saviour but it defiantly saved me from putting my setup and ebay.

I'm for rules but lets keep the tight rules at the high end level of competitive racing where they should be.