R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ashford Hobby
Thread: Ashford Hobby
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
huskerfreak
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fuelgun
I too have a number of experiences where Ashford has always come through for me. Always reliable...

However, I must disagree with Huskerfreaks post about their HobbyTown being a glorified toy store (assuming this comment is about Omaha's HobbyTown). I've traveled to quite a few places over the years, and I must say that Omaha's HobbyTown is probably THE best carpet racing facility I've ever been too. They may not have the gas car stuff in inventory (serpent, mugen, delta, etc), but they've got a ton of sedan and off-road stuff. This carpet facility is second to none...
Sorry I guess I shouldn't assume that all them are the same as the Lincoln stores. The Lincoln stores are more your toy slash magic card slash back yard basher store.

Now the Omaha HobbyTown that is different. Like John was saying this is one of if the nicest carpet tracks in the country. With one of the most well stock hobbyshop's for your electric on road and off road as well as every offroad part you can think of. I shouldn't have stereo typed or made it sound like all of the HT. By the way the Omaha HT is having one of the off-road pro series race later this fall. And for all you winter carpet racers I think this might be one of the best tracks you have to go to for a big race. Believe me you will not regret the trip.