R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
minidriver
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Steve, you guys at Trackside are simply...innovators.
Plain and simple.
Yeah, and a bunch of them were real "innovators" on me this last weekend. Nathan & I were finally able to join them for parking lot racing this weekend, first time this summer. 8 in the class. Nathan and I haven't raced for quite a few weeks, thus the batteries had been sitting for awhile. Anyway, Scotty Ernst stands next to me as we get up on the drivers stand and says something like - "you know we all like you joining us this weekend"(should have known something was up).

Anyway, we begin the first heat and geez, those batteries must have really not liked sitting for so long - on the 140 foot straight it seems like we are really down on power - in fact as were driving, I say to Scott, as he pulls even to me midway on the straight and all of a sudden takes off like someone dumped nitrous oxide in his motor, "where did you get the Turbo boost." They couldn't keep from laughing - it seems that the bunch of them decided, upon hearing that Nathan & I would finally be coming for our first parking lot racing, to all run stock motors in their minis but not tell us two newcomers running our silver cans. They even planned it out so as to all run at half throttle in practice and warm ups so as to not let us on to the joke. Very funny (and we ended up only about a lap off the pace despite our silver cans)!

So Nathan & I switched to stock motors for the rest of the day, and boy that was fun. Long straights and stock motors were a fun combination that we plan on continuing next time.