R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4R
Thread: Mugen MTX-4R
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
BlackedOutREVO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
you should try running a diff up front,it will save your car in wear.
and to just see how it will work for you.you may be surprised.

IDK... i run a spool in my cyclone..... and there was a bunch of ppl running spools in there nitro cars..... wear, what wears? nothing more then more wear on the out drives, cvd's right? if all set right (steering epa and all) i havent had any probs, its when the stuff is set wrong... i learned the hard way lol.... so far i have had good experience with spools, bad with diff's and oneways...i have tried them all.... plus, its come with the spool dont need to buy more stuff

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Does the front end (one-way, diff or solid spool) choice depend more on ones driving style or the type of track? Where I will be running, every one with the MTX-4 or 4R runs a solid spool up front. It's a large flowing track with medium to high grip.

its all on driving style.... a oneway u need to be a smooth driver, dont use brakes much etc..... spool, u have nice brakes, u can be more gas brake and it isnt hard to drive... and for me, much more consistant to drive... i mean, if u cant drive a oneway (like me) the spool IMO is the best