R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Kodak Hodak
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Kodak ~

Good to hear that the engine is working out for you. Much better than the TZ, eh?

If you're going to tune by temp, keep it below 260 while you're practicing. In my experience, when you're pushing hard during race conditions, it may go slightly above that depending on how the temp/humidity changes by the time it's time for you to race. After a qualifier or race, take the temp as soon as possible to see where you're at. IMO, if you're above 270 after a race, you're starting to go too lean and you probably need to richen it a bit. If you're too lean, the engine will start to sound a certain way on throttle (really different - like a jerky "ha ha ha ha ha" or "hat hat hat hat" sound) and you should pull it off instead of continuing. Make sure to take the temp as soon as possible. If you accidentally go over 300, it's okay, but I wouldn't make it a habit.

Hope this helps.

BTW.. Are you tuning the idle/LSN using the Bobby Watson technique or are you using some other method?
Tell you the truth we are Using the PARIS method the idle PINCH fuel line method - seems to work a dream on the botom end s far, as for the top end i run it a tab rich, but did lean it a 1 hour before main A final to get the car bit more OOMMFFF!!!