R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4R
Thread: Mugen MTX-4R
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM
BlackedOutREVO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
We've used the standard Spektrum servos for a while - they are not perfect but they are OK. Maybe a little weak for brake.

Hey it's a Mugen they are built tough. I think I saw a parts list some where maybe RMDHawai's site.

But I would recomend

Front Hubs - they will pop especially if you hit curbs
Spare Front and Side belts - you can strip the front one with a stone in the lay shaft and the side one can snap ocasionally - Rubber or Urathane your choice. Personaly I prefer Urathane as the rubber ones appear to go fussy with wear.
Pulley set if you get a stone in the front lay shaft or strip a sidebelt you can also strip a pulley.
Spare Spur gears -they are cheap and you will need to repace from time to time so have some spare incase you strip.
Clutch Bearings - keep an eye on these when the wear you can start stripping gears.

For potential collision repair you could add;
Lower A Arms front and rear
Shock Shafts and Ball ends - these snap in a big hit.

Otherwise they are a tough little beastie we had a runaway recently where the recever pack came unplugged and from hitting the curb at 1/2 throttle straight on only broke an Hub, A Arm and bent the CVD.

u make it sound bad LOL... but ok, thats not too bad, just like my car rite now.... just the normal parts.....

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The car is definitely tough. I ran it for 4 race weekends and only broke a rear shock tower (because someone took me out), stripped a few spur gears and trashed one thrust bearing.

With the spares list at my site, you can basically show up at any event without any local parts support and you'd be pretty much covered. I did that for our local championships this year, but fortunately, things went rather well.
are u running the 4mm chassis? have u fixed the spur stripping?

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
I decided to use the Z590 as both a steering and throttle/brake servo. Figure since they are metal gear they should be ok. I am going to upgrade the steering servo once I get better at wheeling the car.

i aggree, and so far, i can drive better with a slower servo