R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is it time again for 1/10th scale pan cars?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedxl
I can tell most of you have really never raced a 10 scale pancar, the car will work on almost any surface. Yes the touring car will out perform a pancar on a low traction condition, but not on medium and up traction level
Hector, waz up! Nice to see you back in action here. For all of you who dont know, Hector is Corally TC driver, and a hell of driver, too. He's also very good on 1/12th and 1/10 pan cars and anything RC. He's been racing at the pro level for a long time and knows what he's talking about...I gree with you Hector...pan car will out handle and out run most mod TC's...but they need well preped track. Belive me, I have done it...I know how to drive them and very fast...they are incredibly quick, nible, and very good w/ the right track traction. I have beaten fast nitro and EP TC's w/ my Pantoura. But it hasnt been w/ no 19t and 6 cell power. I have run them with Trinity N60 Bl motor and lipos, as well as Novak 4.5R motor- they have proven more than enough to leave those fools confused- they just dont know what hit them. The shock in their faces is priceless...however, if you have beaten good TC mod driver w/a 200mm pan car, with a 27T motor and 6 cells...wow. I have never tested my pan car with that set up so I cant tell you- but if you have, well them it is what it is. I'd still like to see it, personally.

I'm fixing a couple of things on my Pantoura and plan to run it his weekend at Coral Springs. We'll clean and spray the track(sugar water) and see how my Pantoura does with my lipo and 10.5 Orion BL motor. I'll need some rear tires and fronts- hopefully RCHobbies still has some rear Pinks and front purple/magentas left...