R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - News Flash Indoor tracks droppin' like flies
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Cypress, I do agree that Joe seemed to have an attitude in that scenario. I do not agree with you on the attitude that a customer is taking advantage of a hobby shop when they only purchase what they need. They are paying customers and thats all that matters. There is also more than a 10% difference from Trackside Hobby shops compared to storefront hobby shops let alone Online hobby shops.
I guess I should have worded that differently, I didn't mean "taking advantage" in a " of a drunk Co-ed" sort of way. It was more like "taking advantage of an opportunity", in meaning.

I was trying to illustarte the convenience of being able to purchase at the track, not convey any wrong-doing on his part by shopping there.

I conveyed the wrong doing in the whole 10% off internet buying thing.

I guess I'm really lucky, all of our LHS's and track shops match Tower's pricing, I know there are places that sell lower than Tower, but I'm one of those guys who will spend a little more to have a track within 3 hrs. of my front door.

I look at it this way, You go to a concert or a ball game, a beer is $6, a hot dog is $4, they want $5 for some $1.99 7/11 Nachos. Why? Because they're trying to make some money to pay the ridiculous overhead for that ballpark/arena you're sitting in, plus they're STILL making money on the concessions. If you're an individual who WON'T buy a beverage or snack at a game because you REFUSE to pay the exorbitant prices, then by all means continue shopping on-line to save your money. But if you're willing to pay $6.00 for some crappy beer at a ballpark, you oughta be willing to buck-up the extra $4 or $5 for set a set of tires to make sure you have a place to race.

I guess I'm just Old School that way....