R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - News Flash Indoor tracks droppin' like flies
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
stumper1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down

You guys seem to think that the whole business revolves around racers...
I thought this thread was about "race tracks". They generally DO revolve around racers

The R/C world really doesn't revolve around R/C racers...really...it doesn't.
Again, I thought the thread was about "race tracks". I guess you missed that.

I for one would rather have a viable, price-competitive, well-stocked shop and no track...
As a racer, I'd much rather have a track.

Permanant tracks almost always have to have a store to support the bills, thats just a fact of buisiness.
Some tracks have a store to support the racers.

TurboJoe, I would like to know how you expect a track/store to stay open without the support of there local racers???
Turbo doesn't care, plain and simple.

He didn't tell you or anybody not to support the track.
I agree, however, he does suggest that you are stupid for doing so.

Shithead behind counter,
With that attitude, I'd charge an asshole like you double retail.

Cmon Joe, that's uncalled for. That has nothing to do with nothing with this thread and I see nowhere people talking about "cheap" in a selfish manner. Instead I see them trying to promote buying from the track in a community minded manner.
Amen. Too bad Turbo won't get it.

One has nothing to do with the other...
Untill you're at the track and: cut your last tire before the main, break your last a-arm, run out of traction compound........

I'm in retail and I deal with internet and mega-box store pricing all the time. Yesterday a customer came in and asked how much we charge for an EMG81 guitar pick-up. I told him retail was $124.00 and we would install it for no charge. If he wanted to install it himself, we'd give him 30% off. He acted disgusted by the price and left. 4 hours later he came back. He said if I could match the Mega stores price, he would buy it form me. He had just driven 50 miles round trip to get a better price, but they were out of them. When I asked him what their price was he said $99.99. I asked if it was installed - he said no. I happily aggreed to match their price. You do the math........

Which leads to my question. Hey Turbo, when did you start playing guitar?

Almost forgot.....Shut Up George!