R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine tuning tips
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 PM
zardoz
Tech Adept

Engine tuning tips

I've recently gotten into nitro with a Hyper 7. I am pleased with the car and how it handles. It orignally had a hyper 21 8 port race engine, which I got tired of trying to get that thing set right, so I switched it out for a sportwerks 21 v2. The sportwerks seems to be a pretty good engine with plenty of power. The issue that I'm running into is tuning the blasted thing, particularly for weather changes. I'm not too far off I think. But, then again, I'm not that experienced in the nitro world. I've been basically tuning the high needle to get the engine up to temp which is around 200-220. Then setting the low end to approx 2 to 3 seconds with a pinch test. Then setting the idle to a reasonable speed without bogging the engine out and keeping the clutch disengaged. However, if the weather changes by anything, I'm not quite sure how to deal with it. What changes are necessary to work with this as I've ended up out of races due to the engine leaning out on me and overheating. Thanks in advance!!