R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - car cleaning
Thread: car cleaning
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loveless
Yo, TomB whats that on your ur pipes exuast, looks like its fastweld or something to strenghthen it up in case of a side fender bender,,,
its a product which is sold in australia called "selleys Knead it" it is a two part compound that comes in a sausage roll type thing. you cut a peice of and it has the two compounds seperate, one in the centre the other on the outside layer, you mix it up by squishing it together, and then mold it around the stinger.

to get a neater look i mask out the pipe and leave only exposed where i want the putty to go, then i put it on, shaping it with a blade and my fingers. then as it is setting, it gets harder (only takes a few minutes) then i cut it to the desired style and then neaten it up, then leave it. Works well.

it is a more like playdoh, and not as runny as some other products so it is easy to work with.

we have a compressor at the track, so it is simple to keep the car clean, blow it of after each race, then power putty it. i give a light spray of metho over the top deck and plastics just to take the grease of, then i spray the car with silicone spray.