R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JACO Premounted Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
GCracker
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swopemike
I assume you're just being sarcastic. Otherwise your comments don't make sense ... unless you have no idea how the rest of the country does R/C.

You may have no idea how blessed you are. The nearest track other than our local track is over 200 miles away. We got 64 entries for our states race and that was in a state with less than 2 million people... it was partly because it's the only track around, although 70% of the entries are within about 1/2 hour drive. And it takes a great deal of work and money to set up a track, so if you lose one it's harder to start another than keep the one you have. You really have it good if you have a track 5 minutes from home. There are only a few dozen tracks in the whole country that I'm aware of... I bet some people on here can probably name almost all of them. Some people drive 2 hours to 5 hours, minimum, every weekend for the privelege. I'd say 90% of us don't have that luxury of losing 1 local track and gaining another. You shouldn't base your thought process on that - it's just not typical.
Ya they are spoiled here there are always tracks within 20-30 mins from home here in SoCal depending on where you live