R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Br00d Racing Motors
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
GCracker
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
Sorry we haven't been as prompt getting back to you, Garrett has been at Nationals and I have been out of town.

Roll out ...

Since I race rubber tire 90% of the year I don't really go by roll out, but final drive ratio. That's just kind of the way things go here...I tried to do everything by roll out, but when you ask a local what their roll out is they stare at you blankly and tell you their FDR..

For a high revving stock motor like the GM3 or ROAR X, I start at around a 8.0:1 ratio and go up or down from there depending on performance and lap time. On real tight tracks I have had to gear at around 8.5, on larger tracks around 7.8. But it's going to vary from track to track, and from driver to driver. 8.0 is a good neighborhood to start in so you do not over heat the motor.

For a Monster Stock I generally start at a 7.6-7.8 depending on the track. Larger track, lower ratio. Monster gearing can fall anywhere from a 7.0 to 8.0. Rare to see 7.0 or 8.0 though, usually 7.3x to 7.6x is the variable.

This is all going by final drive ratio (spur / pinion) * car internal ratio = FDR

Wes
OK so further to my post above I was considering somewhere between 6.7 and 7.3 for Brood CO27 Blueprint is that consistent for what you see on asphalt?