R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I thought about i a bit more and also thought I'd mention that ackerman is less noticeable or usefull in highspeed turns as the outside wheel is carrying the majority of the weight, while the inside wheel becomes "light". In high speed turns the turning attitude is mostly determined by the outside wheel. In highspeed turns you are also using a relatively small amount of steering, furhter reducing whether you'll feel the ackerman or not.

However in slow, tight corners ackerman will be more noticeable.

Sooo . . .theoretically you will notice the differences between track rods at the apex of the slower and tighter corners of the track. At corner entry, exit, and in high speed corners you won't feel much of a difference.

Wider Track Rod = Tighter turning radius (more steering) at the apex (as compared to corner entry and exit) of slow corners.

Narrower Track Rod = Larger turning radius (less steering) at the apex (as compared to corner entry and exit) of slow corners.

Again I emphasize THEORETICALY. I have not tried any of the different track rods. This is pure speculation on my part. If you know bettter than me please share
John Stranahan...please enlighten us on these matterss