R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Go Tech Engines
Thread: Go Tech Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 AM
BGMock
Tech Rookie

Oh Dear, All I wanted to do was read about GO TECH Engines not all of this junk about polishing etc!!!!

Massive Mods is right, these 1970's ideas about porting and polishing are no longer. Sounds very british to me. Brits were always good with their mouths and very rarely found that their ideas turned out right when the engines were acutally put onto dyno's. Thus some designers started designing heads that didn't have ports the size of
4V Clevelands and started to find that all the little things like polishing correctly do count. I own a flow bench, I know!!!!

I Find it interesting that mr Mike the Motorbike man uses a Harley head for demonstration, and seriously, no one could find a head with worse ports or sizing to match an engines size. However its a good demonstration of "basic man's" mechanical thinking where bigger is meant to be better. This goes on my shelf of bad Ideas like "polishing is a waste of time". Too many times a well polished and studdied engine combination wins the race now days, how its polished and where is the secret tho.....Right Mark.
Dont tell me, You'll have to kill me I know......

I like your work Mark, it looks good and from all reports works well. Keep up the good work.

PS. I polished my engine too!!!! It did work better

I cant wait for my new GO TECH.....