R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps Lipo Battery Review
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Of course there was something wrong with it. It was a piece of crap from what I could see. A 6000 should obviously have more runtime than a 4800, but it didn't.

I think it's pretty clear that you could have a 10,000 mah Lipo and if it's damaged because it doesn't have any more protection than a Zip-Loc bag, then it's not going to work very well or very long. If they want to compete, then they need to step up their game and build their packs to last like Orion does.
Come on turbo. You know a case and a fuse are not all it takes.
It takes care. I ran Orions and loved them. I run Max Amps now and have the same respect for them. In a XXX-T the battery is just as safe as a 4800 on the side of a sedan. The pack is in the middle of the truck and secured by the chassis. And if a person really cared enough they can make shift a lexan shield over that. A sedan they can eject unless care is taken.
Right now I would say the fuse will become mandatory. And the case will be optional. You just cant get the Mah's in that case with out making it to tall. Though I hope they can some day.