R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper .21 tuning questions
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Nickmind
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hyper .21 tuning questions

Hi all,

I am trying to tune my Hyper .21, that I have not used in over a year. After my last run, i took apart my buggy and engine as well with the carb.

I set the needles to the break-in settings in the manual (5 turns out for HSN, 3.5 for LSN, and flash for the mid-range). It is very hard to start, and when it does start, i give a little throttle and stalls.

1. Just to clarify that 5 turns and 3.5 turns in the Hyper .21 manual, does mean 5 and 3.5 - 360° turns, Not 180° turns, correct? Seems like a lot of turns out for both.

2. I think a part of my problem is my mid-range needle. So I took off the HSN housing, and looked into the hole. The mid-range needle hole was not in the center at all. So I set the mid-range needle so i can see the needle hole in the middle of the HSN housing hole (but not in the center), and is still flush to the carb body. This is what my carb looks like now:

Is this a normal setting?

3. I also put on a new fuel flirter from Yeah Racing, I see fuel passing, but I do see air bubbles in the filter. Could this be my problem?

Thanks for your time and help.