R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rock, paper, scisors...
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...I didn't watch the RPS - but I have to ask "WHO" were the "PAID" advertisers?

Energy Drink? Computer Game? New Movie? Clothes Company? Laundry Detergent? "Male Enhancement" Drug?

One of the things I see is when R/C Guys try to do things - the want to rely on the R/C industry to support it...

If someone could convience a MONSTER ENERGY - RED BULL - NOS ENERGY - 5 hour Energy - or some other NEW AGE Pop Culture company that is trying to BEAT their competition by being EVERYWHERE to get on board as a big enough sponsor to cover the TV and Production costs...

Here are some of the WARS that are going on BIG TIME right now.

ENERGY DRINKS - HUGE HUGE HUGE

TEL-COM - the battle with SPRINT - ALLTEL - AT&T is MEGA Huge

COKE/PEPSI is always HUGE (Coke announced a NEW 10 year deal to take over as major sponsor of the JULY NASCAR RACE at DAYTONA which has been the PEPSI 400 for years - That had to HURT)

HARD LICQUOR and/or Beer Companies always at war...

...How about "ANTI-TABACCO" money - from the TABACCO Industry that they are forced to spend on 'education' or the monies from the ALCOHOL companies that that have to spend on "DRINK SMART" type stuff.

Problem is - you have to make the event a SHOW - and MOST r/c racing from the outside is BORING. When somebody can figure out a way to bracket it - create an 'interesting for t.v.' format and HIGHLY edit it into 22 or 45 minute programing. (A 5 or 6 show deal - series type) who knows...but it would have to focus on the PEOPLE - not the cars. It would need all the "Smack Talk" and "Hype" guys could throw at it - almost to a point of 'over dramatization'.

R/C Racers would watch - and LAUGH