Thread: Tub Cyclone `S`
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Padailey,

Yeah thats a strange set of shims you are looking for. I am currently running a plastic deck on one of my cars and man i have the wierdest number of shims for it to sit flush. I just kept shimming it till it look right but im pretty sure its not sitting entirely flat.

I had an hpi shim kit which came with like .2 .3 and .4 washers so i just kept adding what i needed on standard purple washers.

With the CF upper and lower decks you shouldnt need any shims for it. Are you sure you need them?
Well no I'm not sure... but everything worked ok when I originally got the stuff and followed the directions. Now I've switched back and forth between plastic and CF and of course now I don't know what shims etc went with what parts. That's why I looked at the 3racing directions and found those shim sizes. I'm almost positive though that the steering post is long enough that there will be a gap if I don't shim using the CF top deck. I'll be racing on Wednesday so I'll check for sure then.

I'll have to check of the HPI shim kit... that might be the ticket. My problem is the only shims my LHS has are 3, 5, and 6 mm... of course I need 4mm's.