R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Scott Fisher
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glenn
guys, i just rebuilt my car, after having bought the evo conversion kit.

i've noticed a few things though, that i hope you can shed some light on...mainly novice questions!

1. REAR DOGBONES...have movement of like 3-5mm. is this going to cause much trouble, and should i limit the movement with some fuel tube?

2. STEERING...the steering doesn't return to the same center, after turning left and right...it's out by 2-3mm. where should i start and look? or can it be the servo?

3. STEERING SERVO...after steering left or right, the servo continues to 'buzz' until i make slight further steering movements. I'm worried that this will unnecessarily use up battery power, or damage the servo. i've made slight trim changes with still no improvement. comments?
1. Re: Dogbone movement. It isn't a bad idea to put a bit of fuel tubing into the outdrive, but it isn't necessary. Make certain you don't take out to much play as you need some for the suspension to work properly. After adding some fuel tubing, disconnect your shock so the suspension will move easily and make sure the suspension isn't binding now.

2: Re: I would disconnect the steering servo and check to see if your steering moves easily by hand. If it sticks or is tough to move then start looking for a problem. I would check and see how tight all the ball connections are. Something else to check on is that the top deck when tightened down isn't putting a lot of pressure on the steering post. It could be the servo, but based upon the 3rd area of your post, it sounds like something is binding a bit.

3: Are you using a digital servo or an analog? What brand and model servo are you using? Digitals do tend to display the behavior you are describing, but the fact that it doesn't return to center leads me to believe something somewhere is binding.