R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
TGA78
Tech Adept

Well I ran the first tank through the LRP .28 in my Hellfire last night. Being my first nitro I found the throttle and break linkage need some adjustment still. So today I set about tweaking them and adjusted the idle screw a little. I also swapped in the smaller carburetor insert. Now I just need to tweak the needles a little more to get it to keep running. I think it is a little too rich now.

Anyway the ofna dual motor truggy starter box I got isn’t working out so well. I can’t get the front and rear alignment post set to fit the truck and still keep the flywheel lined up. So right now I am only using the front alignment and then eyeing up the back.

I also bought a sealed lead acid battery for the starter box. It kicked the motor over no trouble yesterday the few times I had to restart it. Today it worked about 4 times then just quit. Now I didn’t get a chance to put the battery on the charger last night so I hooked it up now. Only thing is the battery doesn’t seem to be all that dead, according to the charger. I also thought the battery should have been able to turn the motors with out the truck sitting on the box but it wouldn’t. I am starting to think there is something wrong with my starter box already.

Anyone have any suggestions?