R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 PM
kmaheartless
Tech Apprentice

Gearing down does the opposite. While you may sacrifice top speed, you usually gain power everywhere else. It will feel like the power starts earlier in the RPM range and pulls harder. Your clutch will engage with more authority and last longer because it's not slipping. Fuel mileage can suffer on larger tracks because you'll drive harder on faster sections of the track, where acceleration isn't a factor.
I tried the 13t today, and it seems like there is still not a lot of power on the low end. The clutch is brand new and also I checked the clutch and it looked fine. My clutch setup is 2 kingsheadz with silver springs and 2 composite with gold springs. Engine is a 427 that came with the RTR. It seems like the engine is revving pretty high but the clutch isn't kicking in I cant figure this out... Is it suppose to be like this?

Also, what size/brand batteries to you run on your eight? Will a 2 x 2 x 1 fit? Should I go with higher mAh? I am looking for an extra battery because my digital servos drains the electric like no tomorrow.

and what engine would you recommend me on getting, cause I am trying to make it race legal for club!

Thanks Aaron, I have so many questions RC is complicated