R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Associated RC10L2O

My like new Associated RC10L2O came today. Thanks Jim. Here are a couple of pics of the rolling chassis. There were a couple of parts added to this version of the car to improve performance over previous versions. One is a graphite brace between the two forward pivots of the T-bar. This is supposed to improve rough track performance. This is ideal for me. You should be able to see it in the pics. There are roll stop inserts now inside of the viscous disk area. These put a limit to the amount of pod roll so that it can recover from a bump to one wheel better.
There is a graphite brace between the two front suspensions.
There is a nice aftermarket forward shock mount in Aluminum.
The front suspension has long aftermarket kingpins and Wintunnel Racing springs in an Asymmetric configuration with 3/16 inline axles to run on the oval.
The chassis lends itself well to the same battery and electronics setup that I used on TallyRC's PRC Max 10.
At the moment the car is 200 mm wide at the back and 185mm wide at the front so it is a narrow pan car. I will do a test narrow and will be able to compare it to a Pantoura link Car which is also narrow.
In the future I can get the lower and upper L2 pod plates which will give the car a wider pod and move the motor slightly to the right. These pod plates, hubs, and asymmetrical chassis are the main differences between the L2 and L2O. I have a good selection of hubs on hand.

I plan to use some of the aero tricks that I learned recently to keep the front ends planted on the straight.

There are two pics again. The second one is large so you can scroll around and see more detail. Nice Car. Tests to come. We were rained out completely this week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Associated RC10L2O resized.jpg
Views:	1762
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	246341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Associated RC10L2O.jpg
Views:	2234
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	246343  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 07-07-2007 at 11:21 AM.