R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question for the Lipo people
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:16 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I am holding out till it does become the "norm" for you still can't use Lipo at any of the big races such as IIC. I don't see the point for me at least to invest in two different technologies just for the sake of havin both to use. I did recently purchase a GFX so I can at least send it back to be updated to do Lipo and still be able to do everything with one charger.
It can be a good way of saving your good cells for the big races, in some cases. You can run a single LiPo pack in the clubs without much issue, and then bust out some fresh NiMH for the big races. If you weight the packs properly, the only thing you might have to tweak a little is your gearing (between the two packs) as there's some voltage difference between the two. It also makes club racing a little less stressful without the song & dance required to keep NiMH running well. I charge up my packs during the week, and they generally lose less than 10mah if I try to "peak" them on race day. The low self-discharge is really nice.