R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Tek Nickal
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Heya, folks.. just picked up a used 415MSX, just wondering what parts I need to get it running the TA05 pulleys.. I have a few spares from my TA05, but just want to make sure before I rip stuff apart..

Will the alternated type work, or do you have to stick with the regular ones? Will the one-way work the same way?

Is the spur holder in the MSXX the same as the TA05's? I looked at the parts listing and it's just called Spur Gear Holder: 49419 and Pulley Holder: 49419, referring to the MSXX kit..

I'm not sure about the spur shaft.. looks like the lightweight one doesn't have the c-clips needed to keep those bearing holders in place, and I just need the original TA05 shaft.. is that correct?

I assume the white belts will work fine, just need to reduce the tension on the belts with the larger pulleys...

I remember a conversation about it a while back, but I can't find the search-thread option since they changed the look of the forum...

Thanks a bunch!
James
The 36t diff pulley (regular or alternated) is a direct fit, but for the one-way pulley, you either have to get the new MSXX oneway to have that pulley fit or have some way of milling it and making it less thick.

I am not sure whether the center layshaft from the TA05 will fit the MSX, it probably won't.

The white belts will work fine as long as you set your belt tension to one of the loosest positions. I suggest getting the newer belts and running the plastic center pulleys, the new belts have a different tooth profile and the plastic center pulleys put less wear on the belts.