R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC FLIGHT
Thread: RC FLIGHT
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 PM
lazy-b
Tech Master

This Happen this Morning only.

Upon Checking on the Detroit International Airport and have passed the X-ray. The Security officer have found my Canon Video Camera has an Odd looking Battery Pack, Its an Old Battery, so I have added additoinal my own Battery Pack to its original Battery Pack. I just make my own Battery pack from an Old Cellphone and wrap it in a Masking Tape with a 2 wire protruding and connected to the Original Battery Pack.......its a Home-made Battery pack attached using a double adhesive to an Original Canon Battery Pack.

if you look at my Battery pack, a Regular Non-Techinal person would really think its a Home-Made Bomb., Then the Security person ask me what is this, then I explain it, my original Battery pack is defective so I have to improvise my own battery. Then the Security Person have called his supervisor and show it to him, then he call another his superior......after that, I guess more than 8 security person have surrounded me.......they start questioning me......asking my passport.......eventually they confiscated my Battery pack only......my flight to New York is 10:05am, they let us board on at 10:00am......upon Boarded the plane and is about to leave, I already seated inside the plane.....after a few minutes, a security person have approach us again, saying for the Security reason, the Captain of the Plane do not want us to Board the Plane. So I have to leave again ,they have to Pull-out our Luggage.......The Plane just take-off....... I have to wait in the airport for 4 Hours, to catch another flight to New York.

Guys, DO NOT Bring your Lithium Battery Pack on board the Plane, better have it Check-in with your Luggage.