R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sedan setup tips/theory for technical track...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Wow, sounds like you found a good friend to learn from. 1st thing you could try is to tail him around the track durring practice. Follow the same line and use the same brake points. Then you can really see where you are loosing time. The other thing you can do on your own is to practice on one corner at a time. Each lap try to go faster through the corner using different lines and brake/acceleration points. When you find a good line, try hitting it consistantly. One of the best tips I got was to pick a spot on the entry that is easy to identify and use it to judge when to start braking
Yeah, I'm very fortunate. I'll try and keep up with him. He is very fast.

A lot of my time with him on the driver's stand was spent listening to him say "turn" and it was quite evident during the first session that I was turning a bit too late. After a few sessions of this - and still to this day, I mentally tell myself "turn" during practice and while racing - especially when things get tense. As mentioned earlier, my driving is getting better. More consistency will go a long way.

Thanks again

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 07-04-2007 at 10:46 AM.