R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should manufacturers be prevented from sponsoring stock brushless drivers?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Orange
Tech Master

Why don't we abolish the "Stock" and "19t" Term and go by "Sportsman"(Stock) "Intermediate"(19t) and "Expert"(Mod) Based on you winning percentage you move up a class and/or based on your level of Sponsorship(s) I believe it could be done.(Explanation below).

This would also be a good path to remove the "Brushed vs Brushless" running in the same class problem that we are facing. (Except we would have to come up with a designated set of rules for the Brushless motors that are fair to the class(s) involved, I think to be fair to all manufacturers, designate a time table to do something like this.... Like maybe a good time that manufacturers can all prepare and re-tool. IMO this would need at least a year and a half to 2 years.)

The amount of sponsorship is limited per each class of racing... If we can get manufacturers to publish a list of their drivers and what percentages they are and it can be public record. That way, if there is ANY question, it can be looked up. Not really that hard for a team manager to send out an email monthly so that ROAR or someone can make a page on the website to list.

Of course, this brings in the "Secret" Sponsorship theory... Well, I think that there has to be a level of good faith in just about anything we do. But to be better served, make a rule that states that the company in question will be dis-allowed from ANY competitions within the organizations for 1 year or more if caught doing this and I think they might think twice about sending in a ringer.... In ROAR, the path to the worlds goes through its nationals, I don't think that a manufacturer will risk it if there is a rule like that. The penalty must be steep.

Just a few of my .02's