R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should manufacturers be prevented from sponsoring stock brushless drivers?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:54 AM
rotorboss
Tech Initiate

i havent read all the post so if some one has already stated this fact i appoligise ok guys

now i have raced big cars for years and now ive got in to rc cars the reality of the fact is racing is funand believe it or not racing cost money and lots of it be it full sized or rc cars and guys yes there is better drivers out there than you and thay are better not coz thay are sponsered but coz thay have but the yards in to get there im not sponsered but i have what i fell is up there as in specs adnyes i get a motor built nearly every big race or a new ne but i can afford it i would love so much to race against sponsered drivers

let me put it this way you are at your local track and there are no sponsered drivers there and the locals do 21 laps your putting around doing 21 laps in stock then go to a big race thinking yea im great bang first time out the pros or sponsered guys pop 25 laps on the same track what do you do

now if you raced against some of the sponsered guys pushing 23 24 25 laps previous you wont to push to go faster and believe me you will evently basicly what im saying is that competion breeds better competion

now my point number 2 if it wasent for the sponsered guys in any of our classes we would not have as good of products we have now believe it or not we have theses coz theses guys helped develped them

point three any money thrown in to our sport is good weather it is at drivers or to the local track

at our track we have a novice class that noobs run in till thay get there feet now thay can run what ever thay wont try diffrent motors etc etc till thay get what thay wont from our sport

then we have 540 were some realy good drivers run then stock and mod now
if yA DONT WONT TO RUN AGAINST THE GUYS THAT ARE BETTER run in a novice class

once again the whole point of racing is to go as fast as you can

now for the manafactures i realy believe and for roar as well all classes should have equipment and can only run that equipment if it is localy available from the dearler in that state thats how i believe it should be run and not intill thay can prove this like saying showing invoices for like 1000 cars of a perticular make sold should roar say yea its roar compliaint
thats the only way you are going to get parity in rc motor sport make them prove special motors can be had by all and then and only then will our muched loved sport be on a equal ground

im sorry if this has offended any one or the spelling is shite