R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wat to get?
Thread: wat to get?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 01:34 AM
Im2lazy
Tech Master

ImportRacer,
I personally think that the ntc3 is faster than belt cars on the straights, because that smooth drive train must be just, as or almost, as effective and smooth at the highest speeds as it is at during acceleration.

For me, the choice between the ntc3 and belted cars came to performance on my track. My track is tight, and people that I talked to said that they couldn't quite get the steering that they need to get around all of our tight 180 and 90 degree turns. They didn't 'rotate' as well as their belt cars and so I felt that a belted car woud probably be better for me.

I can see how this could be true, after Associated's powerful display during the Roar onroad gas nats and the World cup. But the Cinci track is very different than my home track and I feel that it wouldn't have worked out overall, quite as well for me as my MTX2 does.

Maybe the locals I asked didn't put enough time into their cars or had a personal vandetta (etc.), but these comments, durability complaints (alleged or more than just alleged), and my personal opinion drove me away from it. Maybe all of my info was wrong but I feel that the parts support, the amount of existing MTX2 users at the track (which might help me get up to speed), as well as what I felt was the best overall choice (as I got it used from a top local racer) made my decision to get an MTX2 easy.

And now after that rant, I would tell chchkboy5 that what he can locally (or easily) attain, get parts for, and works on his soon to be 'home track' is probably the best list that can gauge what is his best choice. In my mind that is what would make it easier to determine what car I would choose, but it could be different for others, I don't know.