R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda R2 vs TB Evo 3 Sulikarn vs MR-4TC SD
Old 04-22-2003, 01:26 AM
Steevo
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,
OK I'm going to out on a limb here but in my opinion I don't think the reason why the TC3 gets to the podium so often is that its superior to all other chassis on the market, instead I think its mostly the sheer numbers of people using them.
And why are so many using TC3's?? Well I think that has a lot to do with a good network of distributors and availability of parts as well as good advertising. You will also notice that it is only in the USA that it "dominates".
In asia and Japan the dominating cars are the Yokomo's, Tamiya's etc.
I think in the U.S. the TC3 is dominating because of its wide availability and parts back up. In Asia and other areas from what I read the TC3 does not enjoy the same domination.

I think a good driver will prove himself with any top Touring Car Chassis he chooses to use.
Sure some chassis have certain design features that may make them easier to work on or easier to tune but I think in the end its the driver that wins the day.

I like these comparisons but in reality I think that all they prove is what is the most popular car of the bunch.

Just a quick example... if I asked every one which chassis they would choose between the Tamiya TB Evo II (not the Evo III), TC3 and the Xray Evo 2 I bet most people would say that the Xray wins hands down or the TC3 is the one to get. The Tamiya TB Evo II would hardly get a mention.....
In reality, in New Zealand the Tamiya TB EvoII took out the first place in the recent 2003 Nationals in Stock Class and came second in the Modified Class losing to a driver of a Losi XXX-S.

Any way these are just my thoughts so please don't shoot me

Steevo