R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 10:51 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just wanted to comment on the spinning issue. One is the Evo3 deal about cleaning the bearings out and all. I ran ceramic bearings in my Evo3 and easily got over 7 or more seconds of spinning. 3 seconds without any tires at all on the car. But thinking back... it still accelerated slower than the TC3s... but handled better. I think that's what gave me the edge.

Now the SD I didn't even bother to clean out the bearings yet (but will do it these next couple of days while I wait for my dog bone). But anyhow, the SD accelerates like a bat out of hell! So who knows what the deal is.

Anyways, both cars are great. If you can drive you can win. blah blah blah.

Tips on building the SD... I don't really have any. I built mine from Japanese instructions just by looking at the pictures. I'd just say becare when mounting the shock towers. They have to fit perfectly and flat on the tranny cases. I made sure mine did... and it was correct. But after the car was built and a couple days later the english instructions came out and mentioned this. It's all pretty much straight forward and the revisions(instructions) have some tips in them. Best thing is to download the instructions and go over them. Soak the bearings in motor cleaner or whatever to help get the grease out while you prep your chassis (sanding edges etc.) Hmmmm I dunno. Just straightforward like I said...