R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 AM
razzor
Tech Elite

Wellwere do I start.......
Had the nats this past weekend and what a eventful nats it was.
I had no issues with the my car and have to say proudly that i broke my personal best lap time on my home track not once but 3 times which is unfortunately the only plus i came away with.
Daz/Muppets spool setup really worked exceptionally well for me and have to say thanks to him for advice recieved.
I was the only guy running a harder tyre setup and it worked well for me.The Serpent/Mugen guys seemed to be running 37 shore all round with the top guys running 45rears cut down to 26mm up front.
I used 42 fronts, 40 rears.
First 2 heats i had dnf's, running out of fuel and posted a 11 lapper in teh 3rd heat that placed me in 2nd in the Dmains.
In teh final heat of the day i was much faster than my previous runs and posted my fastest lap ever on my home track taking a 1.6 seconds out of my previous best.
Unfortunately another car had a problem on the track and a warning was called over the PA that a car was out on the back straight, I was going up the middle straight at the time and hit the car in question.I was then given a stop and go penalty and protested the call as they called for the back straight.Why should i be penalised for a incorrect warning call !!!
My protest wasnt entertained and was called a unfortunate incident

Looking at my times i was on pace for a high Bmain placing and possibly low Amains.

In my final I got off to a good start and went straight into the lead.
After my first pitstop i had a flame out and got going after losing a lap to the other runners only to flame again.
Thinking i was to lean we richened the engine a touch and i got out and started to gain on the guys and managed to unlap myself once and again after a pitstop i flamed.I had the engine leaned out again and got going and all was good untill i had the 1st gear spur come loose and lost drive.I had recovered to 3rd at one stage but finished 8th at the end.

Of the 3 G4S cars running we got one car of Raymond Loots who qualified
2nd in Bmains and he managed to finish with a 7th overall out +- 50 drivers.

Still happy though as i know i have improved my pace
Casimirsa had hassles getting the car to handle and got a reasonable handling car until his throttle servos packed up in the mains.
One issue that has me baffled is Casimirsa's problem of running through clutch shoes very fast.
Similar problems to Gansei but that said he is not doing anything different to what i am or most other G4S guys
He has used like 5 shoes in just over 3/4 events.

On clutch i tried the JP hard spring and it was awesome
clutch setup is :
.5mm gap
.1 endplay
black flyweights with 1 weight
black shoe
JP super hard spring with 1mm preload

on 2 speed i have no hassles and make sure i run shoe as close as possible to 2 speed housing and have changed the stock 2 speed springs to stiffer ones i found in my TM spares.Not sure of part number but i think its a older part number from the G4.Has thicker wire and less coils than stock G4S ones.
one key thing is to thread the grub screw into shoe with loctite or super glue as the grub screw comes loose after a few runs.