Old 07-01-2007, 01:30 PM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Why racing cant be what you make of it. If you want to be the most competitive person on the planet then that is what is fun for you. You can also be laid back and just have fun if thats what you want to do. The problem is no one wants to be in the D main. Having an ill handling slow car isn't fun either. Every beginner thinks they have to go out and buy the best equipment from the start. Before they can drive 2 laps without wrecking people have sponsorships and thousand dollar cars. There are many problems with every hobby, people will come and go but the best everyone can do is be nice to help out beginners. Don't turn people off when they are just starting, answer questions and be informative and make it sound fun when talking about it.

You cant blame it solely on online shops, many of them started as brick and mortar hobby shops and have expanded. Tower has been around since I picked up my first RC magazine. Shops need to realize that trying to make 10 dollar on every set of tires will not work anymore. Sell 20 sets of tires at a 5 dollar profit instead of 2 sets at a 10 dollar profit. Keep items in stock that are used on raceday and make them priced to sell. Every non sponsored person should want to buy that stuff at your track. Batteries, motors and tires, bodies, brushes, should all be priced slightly above online so it makes it worth it to buy those things there. Us racers consume tons of the aforementioned items. These items should always be in stock, I should not walk into the hobby shop and not be able to buy the tires that everyone runs. If this happens you will not make it in this business.