Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 05:15 AM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Old Skool
I just recently sprayed up a quick & nasty day-glo orange/white Lola body for my NTC3, shouldn't get lost on the back straight of a big track, lol! FWIW, recent updates to the car include an RD Logics pipe, K Factory grahpite front bumper brace (w/Kawahara aluminum body mounts off my old MTX-2), and an MIP cluctch. I was able to run this setup a few weeks ago, and the clutch is much improved over the previous setups, which included lightened 3-shoe/HD springs, standard 3-shoe/soft springs, and the stock 2-shoe arrangement. I am not ready to splash out big $$$'s for a Centax yet. One thing I did do that improved handling immensely was to remove both front and rear swaybars. The suspension articulates much better and the car has more downtravel, or droop. I also reinstalled the rear diff (used to run the solid axle), but for the time being the Yokomo one-way up front hasn't been swapped out yet...more testing to come! The pipe makes engine tuning much less of an issue. For now I am running the Ofna/Picco 7-port turbo, and the powerband is insane! Shock oil is 55 front/45 rear, with the rear shock pistons changed over to #4's.

Roll on summer, please!

OLD SCHOOL......good to hear from you again...

tell us how the car has been running...have you raced against any of the Mugens yet?......