R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2'007
Thread: Xray T2'007
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Big B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Thanks guys, on another topic, Im currently building a 007 and gathering/purchasing all electronic gear for it, Ive bought an LRP Sphere am Im going the brushless route for convenience.
Now Ive read the instructions on how to connect the wires to the BL motor, all straight forward, but connecting it to a BM it says the blue and yellow wires are combined, so it it just a matter of soldering these two wires on the - motor tab? Is their an easier or neater way to connect from brushed to brushless? how do you all do this?
Ive noticed some other drivers use what I think is a power capacitor, looks like a small battery cell, what is this used for and is it recommended to have.

Which LRP Shpere are you talking about there is the origional sphere, the TC, and the Competition, the reason I ask is cause the TC and the Competition (I think) come with a capacitor. As for the wiring, yep both of the wires need to be soldered to the negitive tab on a Brushed motor, no way around it
thanks

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I am looking at getting into asphalt and rubber racing. Although I would love to get the 07 T2 EU Edition I may have to settle for a T2 due to budget. What modifications are necessary to make this car comparable to the 07 T2 Eu Edition? Would it be better to just save up and get a 07 T2 instead?

Also looking at the Mi3, Cyclone, 415 MSXX.
I would save up and buy a new 007 EU, the other cars you listed are the same price or more. For Asphault the 007 would be my first choice followed closley by the Mi3, but the Mi3 has a few issues to work out, the 007 is a proven winner with no weak parts