R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity goes EP!! Wh00t!!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
ghuber
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I believe Trakpower uses Enerland cells, which are highly regarded from what I've seen, and from a Korean factory.

Sorry for the LiPo threadjack, it was brought up in this thread originally as kind of a scary scenario, and I (and many others) felt compelled to get the truth.

We've had a racer locally using the EP cells from Hurricane, and he's had nothing but great luck with them. Brad has been all over these for a while now, as I recall. Hopefully nobody that was early to realize the potential of these cells gets screwed by this "exclusive" deal with the Evil Empire(tm).
Oh god please stop with the "Evil Empire" crap.

Without Trinity racers would have far less choices of motors, batteries and other misc parts for your R/C cars. I've been purchasing stuff from Trinity OEM for three years now and never had a problem. I've used their IB cells and they worked just fine... And their pricing on the EP battery for OEM customers really good considering the fact pricing on most Ni-MH batteries went up in the last few months due to a nickel shortage.

I'm happy EP is working with Trinity. Trinity is the only company that has the buying power to buy enough cells to show EP it's worth investing their time and energy into the R/C market... Maybe now EP will really start to work on the cell, and be able to create something faster, more stable than any current cell. In the end, this deal means competition between battery manufactures, and that my friend is a good thing.