R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Trinity 4200 cell ..no voltage?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuzo
Well I guess we got a little derailed there. My main thought is maybe NiMH has approached it's limit. They are packing a lot of power into the same size cell; maybe the limit has been hit until tech catches up. There has been countless reports of dead cells and I've heard more reports of exploding cells lately than usual. Even the GP3300s had a pretty small racing life which is why so many people have a good amount of "practice" packs. Ever since I took the lipo plunge, I've been driving more and enjoying it more. And I still have no practice packs, only race.

I'm still looking for anyone who has had an Orion lipo flare up/explode/give them dirty looks.

Your entire post above is Pro-Lipo, and Anti-Nimh! I am by no means a NIMH lover. As I said when Lithium Manganese becomes widely accepted, I'll be right there pushing to make the switch. I'm just tired of every thread pertaining to ACTUAL RACING CELLS, you know the ones that are legal for racing, becoming some sort of political pulpit for the legalization of Lipo's. I was in no means trying to exclude you from the discussion of 4200 mah Nimh cells in this thread, I just get sick of wading through all the pro-lipo propaganda in threads pertaining to Nimh's.