R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Short intro and questions
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
buckeye
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Short intro and questions

My job last Sunday was to kill time with my son while my wife did some things around the yard, my son is 3 and he likes to "help". So anyway I happened upon an place that I thought was just a hobby shop. Turns out they had big indoor tracks for racing slot cars and r/c cars on carpet.

So the bug bit me. I was telling a co-worker of mine about it and I asked him about his and the next thing you know he sold me his whole set up, he wanted to move from indoor racing to outdoor racing but his wife insisted he sell his indoor gear first.

So I got his one year old Trinity TSpec car, three bodies (a painted M3 and a painted Saleen S7 and a clear car that I'm not sure what it is) the radio (Futaba AM pistol) extra wheels and tires, three batteries, a charger, a few upgrades and parts for $150.

Here it is:

Questions:

I want to just practice outside for now because track rental is $5.00 a night, what's a rookies best options for outside tires?

Same question but for indoor tires when I'm practicing? Rules for racing say you cannot use foam tires to race with.

Upgrades I should consider?

Suggested reading?

Any help would be very much appreciated!