R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Trinity 4200 cell ..no voltage?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
kuzo
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Havoxx
*takes a look at his 10 year old 1500 MAh packs, heh, man I love these :P, cheap $10 tower hobbies batteries, and some older ones :P, In my 10 years of messing with RC cars I've only seen one battery melt, and it was because I charged it without letting it cool, is NiMh really that volatile?

I've heard worse of LiPo though, guess that's a different one, can't even see the battery on those lol.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrzL82fiJ0&eurl=
I guess that Lipo can be pretty scary if you base your opinion on some moron intentionally destroying it because it looks cool. I personally have never found a video of a lipo going off that wasn't intentionally done. I bet I can get a NiCd pack to go boom on video too. Will that change your opinion on those as well? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ here but we aren't talking about lipo but a real problem some NiMH cells are having. "At least it wasn't lipo" does not solve the problem.

All batteries need to be treated right or bad things can happen. I've never liked that our side by side packs are so easy to accidentally short. Is there any reason we can't equalize the packs using a wiring harness like lipo uses allowing the pack to be shrink wrapped?