R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya M04
Thread: Tamiya M04
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
rctouringracer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just got the opportunity to run my M04 with the setup I posted earlier in this thread! The new setup seemed to work during the morning hours yesterday with excellent grip, but the first heat did not start until 2pm and the track temperature was just over 130degree F and my car took me straight to donut city. I took 2mm of pre-load out of the rear and gain better traction plus started using traction compound on the rear and got much better response out of it. Toward the end on the day the mini was controllable but could not be driven with any aggression at all!
I've been reading comments in the mini forum about the these minis being simple and pleasure to drive and I can't agree with these statements. I normally and still race touring cars and they are much simpler to setup and much easier to drive then these minis.
After this weekend I'm starting to think that its not so much the type of tires you use on the M04 but its more about the track temperature and the facts that it is rear wheel drive and extremely light. It is much easier to pull a feather than to push a feather and maintain control.