R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 AM
doki_doki
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Eric ~

RRR does not have a gear stripping problem. You may want to read this and also the the gear stripping section in the MTX-4 KB. Some people say make sure you keep the 1st and 2nd gear tooth difference the same (i.e. 21-16 = 5, 61-56 = 5), but I've also heard people say that with the way the gears are designed on the RRR, you don't have to. IMO, it's better to live dangerously and find out the truth for yourself than live in fear that you might do something wrong.

It would be good to take out your engine and measure where your clutch nut is where you are at. You might want to try 1.5mm.

Go ahead and try the 17/22 as George suggested and see how that works for you. On my track with the STI, I switched to a 15T for 1st to offset the spool up and I was much happier with the acceleration. Length wise, my track is longer than yours, but it's more technical on the inside. I'm in the process of fine tuning the engine, so I'll have to see how the spool up changes next time I run the car.

2nd gear wise, where are you shifting on the track? Are the gears winding out at all or does it seem like you're shifting early? If haven't already, it would be good to play with the shift point.

Are you running a one-way or spool up front? Have you tried both?
I have tried running my kit with a 15T/21T pinion gear set-up. So far, no problems with stripping my spur gears. Also, the messing was a perfect fit. No problems in this area so far...